ragging Curb Committee
Any conduct whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating, handling with rudeness or undisciplined activities may cause annoyance, psychological harm or to raise fear in fresher’s or junior students.
Ragging Curb Committee
In order to prevent ragging on campus, a Ragging Curb Committee has been constituted including student members and brought into operation even before the start of I UG classes.
Steps Taken To Curb The Menace Of Ragging
- Conduct of Orientation Programmed for the I UG students in the beginning of the academic year to create awareness on the regulations adapted in the campus to curb ragging.
- Display of bill boards and hoardings on anti -ragging and details along with contact number of Ragging Curb Committee members, local Police Station and Anti -ragging helplines in the college premises and entrance.
- Provision of Ragging Complaint Box in prominent places of the college campus.
- Collection of hardcopy of filled in undertaking forms of anti – ragging from the students and parents and submission of undertaking by the students through online as per G.O from UGC/MHRD.
- Conducting awareness programme on penal provision against ragging
- Organizing Committee meetings periodically and recording the minutes thereof.
- Keeping a strict vigil on senior students by the hostel warden, Head and faculty members of the departments.
Punishments For Ragging
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Lodging of FIR without exception by the college authorities with local police
- Debarring from appearing examinations/withholding end semester examination results
- Punishment upto 2 years imprisonment or a levy of fine amount with a range of Rs 10,000 or both (Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Act1997, section 4)
Dr. k. Rajavel
Mr. K. Ramachandran
Associate Professor & Head / Mathematics
Dr. R. Karunanidhi
Associate Professor & Head / Tamil